In Podcast 27 Carrie Kobuck and Broker Adam Conrad take a drive to the World Famous Horseshoe Curve and along the way we discuss the Sale and Settlement Contingency and how it affects your deals and your offers. Tune in to learn more. We have this on YouTube and on iTunes, you can listen on our website on our media player with the link below.
The market has responded with many more listings going up this month vs. this time last year. Again I attribute this to the harsh winter delaying the listing activity. April will be an interesting comparison to gauge the overall health of our real estate market.The chart above shows the market is behind where it was last year this month. Roughly 5.5% lower sales and nearly 20% longer on market to sell a home in this comparison. Personally I think it is due to the harsh winter. These sales would represent homes which went under contract in the previous 30-45 days (more or less) which sold (closed) during the month of March.
In this episode agent Carrie Kobuck and broker Adam Conrad from Perry Wellington Realty take a trip out to one of our listings. On the way we discuss strategies around relisting your property or extending the listing. Stay tuned
In Podcast #21 we talk with Carrie Kobuck as we introduce a policy change in how we handle pending properties. This is not new to some brokerages, but in some markets it is a different way of handling the pending properties. Listen in for how this helps sellers! Also available on YouTube.
After that bitter cold snap we had last week I am sure you are excited to open your gas or electric bills next month. Here is an article from Brighnest that can point out some ways to reduce your utility bills. Click here to read it.
Below are the segments from our most recent show. Be sure to catch up with us – lots of great content. Spencer, Andres and are were away this week at a mortgage conference. We can’t wait to share some of the things we learned. Stay tuned!
- Perry Wellington Realty “FHA Loans” 6.7.13
Beth Frantz from Circuit Mortgage discusses FHA Loans. Find out if you qualify.
- Perry Wellington Realty “Home Improvement Value” 6.7.13
How can you get the most value out of your home improvement projects? Real Estate Agent Brian Wilt reveals which home improvement projects increase the value of your home and which don’t!
- Perry Wellington Realty “Credit Repair” 6.7.13
Do have bad credit? If so, do you know the best way to get back on track? Matt Singer from Circuit Mortgage offers some advice.
- Perry Wellington Realty “Perry’s Properties” 6.7.13
Looking for your dream home? Here are some of the current listings from Perry Wellington Realty.
We have a spectacular new listing for $370,00 that we just have to share with you. Details below. I have to share with you that as of this writing early (I mean early) Monday morning, we have 5 showings scheduled for this property.
Considering that this house just appeared on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Saturday afternoon.
Rewind that a moment.
NO newspaper advertisement, NO appearance in the monthly ‘Tour of Homes’ or ‘The Real Estate Book’. Five showings scheduled.
There are a couple of things you should know that make this a winner for the seller when they chose Perry Wellington Realty to market and sell their home.
1. We work weekends – this property went into the MLS as soon as the agent could take all of the beautiful pictures on Saturday when it wasn’t raining. “Traditional” brokerages have the support staff (admin, secretarial staff) put their listings into the MLS on Monday morning. Seller wins because the home got exposure right away as many buyers search the internet at their leisure over the weekend.
2. Social media – we are social media savvy. The agent posted on facebook that he had a new listing. Nothing special here, but many agents don’t support the newest and best ways to market your property.
3. Single property website – we built a website specific to this property and again we spread it on social media. Check it out here to see how it looks.
4. The seller interviewed other brokerages. When they chose our agent to list their home mentioned that the ‘Traditional Broker’ felt like they were “Just going through the motions”. The seller liked our fresh, new approach to marketing their home.
5. Website highlight on Perry Wellington Realty – we have number of people who find homes on our highlighted homes area of our website. As you search, our listings (over 150 of them) scroll by on the right-hand side of the page. That catches the eye of the buyer and helps sell your home.
6. This is a large, complex home with many amenities. Our agent offered to be present for ALL showings to help explain and sell the home.
7. Our low selling fee of 4.5% will save the seller $5,550 over a 6% rate. Effectively this gives the buyer over $5,000 in savings because the seller can be more aggressive on their price. Granted, a savings in commission rate is only valid if the house actually sells. A lower fee for the seller equals a better price to the buyer – which helps get property sold in this tough economy.
These are a few things. Couple these with our LOW selling fee, NO Dual agency and 3 month listing agreement and you can see it all add up. Is there any reason to use another brokerage? Clients agree – Perry Wellington Realty makes a difference.
Everything is pointing to the fact you can move up in your housing now at the best prices ever. Interest rates are at all time lows and housing is priced right.
Talking with Realtors® as we are listing and selling houses, the mood seems pretty upbeat. Everyone is expecting a solid selling season and some sellers are ignoring the tradition of ‘wait until spring’ to list their home.
Locally this winter has been quite a bit different. Yesterday on the last day of January we saw temperatures approaching 60 degrees. That is hardly keeping buyers cooped up with ‘cabin fever’. Buyers and sellers alike can benefit from getting into this market sooner rather than later.
The picture of this new listing was taken last week – except for no leaves on the trees, this sure doesn’t look like late January in Central PA!
We listed a property on Tuesday night late it received quite a bit of attention. We placed it on the MLS Wednesday morning first thing and we had multiple showings in just a few days. We have to credit the seller’s, the Black’s for doing a fantastic job of preparing this home for sale. They did so much legwork including fantastic photos and information on the home that it really made our job pretty simple. You can see their home on a website they created www.psuhome.com The Black’s liked our approach to helping them sell their home, and they appreciated our client-centric model of brokerage. This win-win situation brought them an offer from another office on Friday afternoon. Their house is now ‘Sale Pending’ and they are ecstatic to have their house at 726 N. Allen Street sold in just a few days!
Here is the Centre Daily Times ad for this week – highlighting their home. If you weren’t working with a Realtor, or with Perry Wellington Realty, you unfortunately missed a great home. Keep checking back on our website for more featured properties.
If you are thinking of buying or selling property anywhere in Central Pennsylvania, our brokerage has taken the lead by actively listing and selling properties in the State College and Altoona markets.